Register HERE for Truth Commission: Poverty In All Its Forms Is Violence: Caregivers Victimized by Poverty Speak Out.
Thursday, March 18, 2021 from 7:00-9:00 PM EDT. Convened by the National Welfare Rights Union.
A multi-racial panel of mothers and other caregivers will speak out about:
- Their experiences of living in poverty
- Having their children removed by child welfare not because of abuse but because the families are impoverished (including water cut offs) or because their mothers were victims of domestic violence
- The criminalization of poverty and its relationship to mass incarceration
- How they have come together with others to fight back
- The relationship between their conditions of poverty and systemic racism, the war economy, destruction of the environment and the violence and oppression of the market focused economy.
Register HERE to provide comments and stay connected to future NWRU events. Stay tuned for details.